“A digital clock using sliding grids to show or hide the segments of the digits.
Each minute the sliders move in a synchronized manner to show the current time.
The clock is powered by an Arduino Mega and it uses a DS3231 RTC to keep the time. Each digit has two sliding grids which are affected by small stepper motors.
I designed it with Autodesk Fusion 360 and 3D printed it on a Prusa MK3S.
- Arduino Mega
- DS3231 Real Time Clock Module
- Eight stepper motors 28BYJ-48 with ULN2003 Driver
- 82 cm Wooden strip 19x19mm
- Steel Wire 1m
- 46 Washer head screw 4.2 x 14 mm
- 16 Button head screw and nut M4 x 10
- 18 self tapping screws M3 x 5
- Dupont Wires
- 5V power cable with DC plug 5.5x2.1mm
- Power supply 5V/2A
- Power supply for the Arduino Mega”