“How to insert an ESP8266 into the device and how to use it with Tasmota and MQTT.
The story is really simple: I bought this RM Mini 3 some years ago. From a day to other it refuse to work, so after opening it and seeing that the module was not an ESP, I put it in a box until some time ago.
Since the module was very similar in appearance to a ESP-12 I had in my drawer for long time, I searched for informations about a possible change.
So I found this rare link https://www.reddit.com/r/broadlink/comments/a6y0q7/pinout_of_the_broadlink_rm_pro_rm3/ to a post where another RM Mini 3 owner shared the hard-hitting informations he retrived. The post mentions this other link https://community.home-assistant.io/t/reverse-engineering-broadlink-rm-pro-devices/85441 and I started from this informations.
I removed, with some problems, the old “brain” uncovering the pads.”