“Learning Image Classification on embedding devices (ESP32-CAM)
More and more, we are facing an embedding machine learning revolution. And when we talk about Machine Learning (ML), the first thing that comes to mind is Image Classification, a kind of ML Hello World!
One of the most popular and affordable development boards that already integrates a camera is the ESP32-CAM, which combines an Espressif ESP32-S MCU chip with an ArduCam OV2640 camera.
The ESP32 chip is so powerful that it can even process images. It includes I2C, SPI, UART communications, and PWM and DAC outputs.
- Working voltage: 4.75-5.25V
- splash: Default 32Mbit
- RAM: Internal 520KB + external 8MB PSRAM
- Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n/e/i
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2BR/EDR and BLE standard
- Support interface (2Mbps): UART, SPI, I2C, PWM
- Support TF card: maximum support 4G
- IO port: 9
- Serial port rate: default 115200bps
- Spectrum range: 2400 ~2483.5MHz
- Antenna form: onboard PCB antenna, gain 2dBi
- Image output format: JPEG (only OV2640 support), BMP, GRAYSCALE”