“Hello friends in this post I’ll show how I made my own mini DIY CNC engraving cum Milling machine using Arduino and GRBL CNC shield.
The frame of machine is made up of 12mm plywood which is very strong and easy to work with.
I have used 500W spindle for this mini cnc engraving machine which have enough power to work done.
working area of this machine is 120 x 120 x 30 mm.
I have tested this machine on Acrylic sheet, PCB, Wood and works fine.
I have not tested with aluminium yet, but yes for shaloow engraving with high quality end mill surely we achieve good result on aluminium as well.
So let see further in this post how to build this mini powerful diy cnc engraving machine.
- Arduino UNO 1nos.
- GRBL CNC Shield 1nos.
- A4988 driver 4nos.
- Nema 17 stepper motor 3nos.
- 5mm to 8mm coupling 3nos.
- 8mm SS smooth Rod 240mm 4nos.
- 8mm SS smooth Rod 130mm 2nos.
- T8 Lead screw 240mm 2nos.
- T8 Lead screw 130mm 1nos.
- Lead screw nut T8 3nos.
- Flange bearing 8mm 3nos.
- shaft holder SHF8 8mm 12nos.
- 8mm Linear bearing SC8UU 8nos.
- 8mm Linear bearing SCL8UU 2nos.
- 12mm Plywood 15Sqft
- M4 & M5 nut bolts
- 165 x 120 6mm Acrylic sheet 1nos.
- 500W spindle complete set 1nos.
- 24V DC 8Amps SMPS 1nos.”