“In a previous instructable, I presented a step by step guide to get started with the ESP8266 nodeMCU and the AskSensors IoT platform.
In this tutorial, I’m connecting a DHT11 sensor to the node MCU. The DHT11 is a commonly used Temperature and humidity sensor for prototypes monitoring the ambient temperature and humidity of a given area.
The sensor can measure temperature from 0C to 50C and humidity from 20% to 90% with an accuracy of 1C and 1%.
- Operating Voltage: 3.5V to 5.5V
- Operating current: 0.3mA (measuring) 60uA (standby)
- Output: Serial data
- Temperature Range: 0°C to 50°C
- Humidity Range: 20% to 90%
- Resolution: Temperature and Humidity both are 16-bitAccuracy: ±1°C and ±1%”