“A anti theft SPY Wi-Fi camera using ESP32 board inside a led bulb cover. And making a reliable power supply for this.
Hi guys, Today we are going to make a SPY camera using ESP32-CAM. I have some ideas to install that camera in a Led bulb cover or phone charger. Because some of the products related to this is also available on amazon. But I want to see the data over Wi-Fi or Internet. And that make sense, If we are using a non-Wi-Fi camera in this century without IOT, then our generation is way behind.
So, In this tutorial We will discuss the ESP32 cam boards in brief. Then, how to program them and how to make connection between camera module and wi-fi, some sort of coding knowledge. And finally, we will install whole setup into a Led BULB. And then we order the PCB prototypes of power supply from JLCPCB (5pcs in just $2).
This camera module mostly available in two different products, one is from AI thinker and one is generic product. AI thinker is $2 costlier than generic, but both works fine. I am using generic one here. And both of them have same features, given below.
- Ultra-small 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi + BT/BLE SoC module
- Low-power dual-core 32-bit CPU for application processors
- Up to 240MHz, up to 600 DMIPS
- Built-in 520 KB SRAM, external 4M PSRAM
- Supports interfaces such as UART/SPI/I2C/PWM/ADC/DAC
- Support OV2640 and OV7670 cameras with built-in flash
- Support for images WiFI upload
- Support TF card
- Support multiple sleep modes
- Support STA/AP/STA+AP working mode
- Support Smart Config
- Support for serial local upgrade and remote firmware upgrade (FOTA)”