“This is a port of Grbl for the ESP32. The ESP32 is potentially a great target for Grbl for the following reasons
- Faster - At least 4x the step rates over Grbl
- Lower Cost -
- Small footprint -
- More Flash and RAM - A larger planner buffer could be used and more features could be added.
- I/O - It has just about the same number of pins as an Arduino UNO, the original target for Grbl
- Peripherals - It has more timers and advanced features than an UNO. These can also be mapped to pins more flexibly.
- Connectivity - Bluetooth and WiFi built in.
- Fast Boot - Boots almost instantly and does not need to be formally shutdown (unlike Raspberry Pi or Beagle Bone)
- RTOS (Real Time operating System) - Custom features can be added without affecting the performance of the motion control system.”