“Build a function generator with an Arduino Nano and a AD9833 Programmable Waveform Generator module.
The purpose of the project was to test the Analog Devices AD9833 Programmable Waveform Generator chip. On eBay, Ali-Express and other similar sites you can purchase a AD9833 module for around $5 including shipping.
- Digitally programmable frequency and phase
- 12.65 mW power consumption at 3 V
- 0 MHz to 12.5 MHz output frequency range
- 28-bit resolution: 0.1 Hz at 25 MHz reference clock
- Sinusoidal, triangular, and square wave outputs
- 2.3 V to 5.5 V power supply
- No external components required
- 3-wire SPI interface
- Extended temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
It is a very impressive module and with that endorsement, the original project was extended to become a useful tool for the work bench.”