“ES Timer powered by Digispark ATtiny85 is based on the Pomodoro technique, which can solve the problem of skipping the break phase between work phases.
When you connect it to your system port (whether Windows, Linux or even macOS) it starts to countdown when the counting is over it locks the system and this time starts counting the break phase the user cannot unlock your system at this time unless the time is overing or pull the timer out of the port. This timer, in addition to notifying the user of the LED by turning it on a few seconds before the start of the break phase, does not start the next Pomodoro without the user’s approval. to start the new Pomodoro, it is enough to keystroke twice on the “Capslock” with a delay of 1 second.
- Arduino IDE
- Digispark ATtiny85
- Female and male pin header standard
- PCB prototype board
- Soldering iron and wire
- SSD1306 I2C OLED
Why ES Timer
ES Timer has advantages and features over software or websites that you can use for the Pomodoro technique that distinguish it from other Pomodoro timers, which include:
1. Forcing to follow the breaks between tasks: With ES Timer, you no longer have an excuse not to observe breaks between your tasks, because unlike existing software, this timer does not only give a warning to stop working, but also forces you to fully observe the technique by locking the system.
2. Independent of the operating system of system and without the need for the Internet: Unlike existing software, ES Timer can be used on popular desktop operating systems such as Windows, Linux and macOS without any prerequisites.
3. Free and open source: Some software available for this technique requires a subscription fee or at least has in-app ads, with ES Timer being an exception, and use it for free for years at a one-time cost to build it.
4. Small size for easy transport without the need for batteries: The size of ES Timer is half the size of the palm of your hand, so you can put it in your pocket and you can use it everywhere without worry, and because it uses the USB port to set up, you will not need a battery.”