“After searching for quite a while for a joint project together with my girlfriend, who is a pro in sewing, we finally made this Neopixel skirt together and it came out great. So it’s time to share it with the instructables community.
The skirt has the following features:
- 120 addressable LEDs arranged in 6 vertical strips (20 each)
- all LEDs are controllable with only one data pin by an Arduino controller
- 6-axis motion sensor to detect movements and rotations
- powered by a USB battery pack for full day usage
- Electronics are invisible when turned off
- only LEDs installed at the front of skirt to make it daily usable (sitting, driving, etc.)”