“In this project, I created a “fiber optic” LED matrix using WS2801 LED strip and glue sticks. The light displays have a different look than similar LED cubes and a few advantages. First, you can’t see the actual LEDs in the display because the glue sticks guide the light away from the LEDs. Second, the device requires much fewer LEDs to make up the volume. Because the top and bottom have different LED strips, the fiber optic cables can take on two different colors that mix in the center. There are tons of different color displays that can be achieved with the device. I also added a button and knob for controlling the speed, color, and type of light display. In this instructable, I will go over the design, assembly, and code for building your own fiber optic LED matrix. Here we go!”
- Homemade Nixies - DIY Vintage Clock
- Arduino 3D Wire Bending Machine
- Opensource Ornithopter Prototype. Arduino Powered and Remote Controlled.
- Desktop Gigapixel Microscope
- DIY Writing Machine Using Scratch
- Praduino Arduino-Based Multimeter
- Arduino Nano 4x 18650 Smart Charger / Discharger
- Automatic Smart Plant Pot - (DIY, 3D Printed, Arduino, Self Watering, Project)
- Coke Machine Level Detector - Now With Speech!
- DIY Arduino Mini Laser Engraver