“A CO2, temperature and humidity meter using ESP32 and Bytebeam cloud for indoor air quality analysis and monitoring.
ndoor air quality (IAQ) monitoring is a very often talked about topic nowadays as it critically affects a person’s health, comfort, and safety.
People who might be at their homes, workplace offices, etc. typically spend more than 90% of their time in indoor environments. So, It is not only directly related to occupational health but also has a significant impact on the quality of life of people.
One of the key indicators of indoor air quality is Carbon dioxide (CO2) and it has a substantial influence on public health. Thus, regular monitoring and Analysis of indoor air quality parameters like CO2 becomes essentially important to regulate occupational health and ensure better working environments
Some of the Factors affecting indoor CO2 levels include:
- Number of people in a room
- Person’s metabolic rate
- Amount of time a person spent in the room
- Ventilation rate (exchanges per hour with fresh outside air)
Keeping in mind all the factors affecting indoor CO2 levels we will be going through a step-by-step guide to creating an IoT solution for CO2, temperature, and Humidity monitoring using ESP32 and Bytebeam Cloud. In this blog we will be demonstrating the following:
- Setting up ESP32
- Interfacing CO2 sensor and Temperature and Humidity Sensor with ESP32
- Interfacing relay with ESP32 to control window blinds to regulate ventilation.
- Setting Up Bytebeam ESP-IDF SDK.
- Integrating ESP32 with Bytebeam Cloud
- Visualizing CO2 sensor data on Bytebeam Cloud Dashboard.
So Let’s get started.”