“The revolutionary UNO R4, announced on Arduino Day, is now available on the Arduino Store!
The fourth version of the iconic, beloved UNO adds a whole new dimension to the world of DIY and making revolutionized by the simple 8-bit microcontroller over a decade ago. Take your maker potential to new heights: UNO R4 has a speedy 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M4 and offers a 16-fold increase in memory, as well as more connectors and connectivity options than ever – in two variants: UNO R4 Minima and UNO R4 WiFi.
What’s in the new UNO?
Both variants allow you to start making or easily upgrade UNO R3-based projects with more computational power, memory, and speed than previous versions – courtesy of the RA4M1 microcontroller by Renesas – while maintaining the same form factor and 5V operating voltage.
- More memory and faster clock: A 16x increase in memory and 3x the clock speed mean the UNO R4 can perform more precise calculations and handle more complex and sophisticated projects than ever.
- New built-in peripherals: Among several exciting new peripherals, you get a 12-bit DAC, CAN BUS, OP AMP, and SWD port – each one expanding your maker potential, allowing you to easily tackle increasingly advanced projects.
- A USB-C® Connector: Embracing the smaller, more powerful, and robust cable standard!
- An HID device: This feature makes interactive projects a million times cooler, allowing you to create interfaces with minimal effort and in no time.
You can get started on your next automation or audio project with the UNO R4 Minima – a top pick for first-time makers, with its combination of powerful technology and affordable price – or you can opt for the UNO R4 WiFi if you need more specific features.
Connect to your inner creativity with the UNO R4 WiFi
The UNO R4 WiFi variant is perfect for all users, from beginners to experts, wanting to explore the forefront of innovation. This full-fledged board features an ESP32-S3 coprocessor that handles Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® Low Energy connectivity, so the RA4M1 microcontroller can focus on other tasks. On top of all the features in the Minima variant, it offers:
- Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® connectivity, plus Cloud-compatibility: build IoT projects, create interactive dashboard and control your project remotely.
- A 12×8 LED matrix: imagine working on a creative project using animations or plotting sensor data, without any additional hardware!
- A Qwiic connector to facilitate quick prototyping: thanks to a wide variety of compatible modules that can be connected over I2C, you can easily create custom projects and expand the capabilities of your UNO R4 WiFi.
- A built-in mechanism that detects operations that might cause a crash: if it catches errors such as a division by zero, the board stops them before they can cause trouble and provides a detailed explanation on the serial monitor”