“Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation (“Toshiba”) has launched “DF2B6M4BSL,” an ultra-low capacitance TVS diode for high-frequency antennas. The diode protects semiconductors and other electronic components from static electricity and noise while suppressing signal deterioration. Shipments of the new product start today.
Electronic components in the high-frequency antennas used in radio communications, such as Wi-Fi®, need to be protected by suppressing high harmonic distortion. DF2B6M4BSL delivers a total capacitance of 0.15pF (max.), the lowest offered by Toshiba, about 25% lower than its existing product, DF2B6M4ASL. The new TVS diode uses this ultra-low capacitance to suppress high harmonic distortion that affects antenna reception performance, and also reduces static electricity and noise that affect the components.
ESD suppressors are sometimes used in high-frequency antennas, and they can be replaced by DF2B6M4BSL; TVS diodes have higher protection performance than ESD suppressors, and can reduce static electricity voltage.
In addition to improving the reliability of high-frequency antennas, DF2B6M4BSL is also suitable for ESD protection in signal lines.
- ESD protection in high-frequency antennas and high-speed signal lines in electronic equipment, such as IoT and mobile devices
- Low total capacitance: Ct=0.12pF (typ.) / 0.15pF (max) @VR=0V, f=1MHz
- Low harmonic distortion characteristics
- f=2.4GHz, 20dBm input conditions
- 2nd harmonics: -65.5dBm (Reference)
- 3nd harmonics: -54.4dBm (Reference)
- f=5.0GHz, 20dBm input conditions
- 2nd harmonics: -64.7dBm (Reference)
- 3nd harmonics: -55.5dBm (Reference)
- Low Vpeak voltage: VCL-max-peak=215V (Reference) @IEC61000-4-2 (Contact), +8kV input”