“A 16x7-Segment LED Clock that syncs time from GPS satellites.
I read somewhere about UNIX Epoch time (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time) and thought wouldn’t it be neat to have a clock that showed time in this format?
This project developed from that idea.I had a dis-used GPS module with serial output so I thought it would also be cool to use that for syncing the time and thus avoiding setting the clock manually.
The final clock has the following features and characteristics:
- 16 digit 7-segment LED display.
- Date/Time display EPOCH format (seconds elapsed since 1970-01-01).
- Date/Time display ISO-8601 format ((YYYY.MM.DD.HH.MM.SS).
- Adjustable brightness (setting retained with power-cycle).
- Programmable UTC offset from -12hrs to +12hrs (setting retained with power-cycle).
- RTC with battery back-up to retain time with power-cycle and/or absence of GPS signal.”