“This is about using Bluetooth Modules.
- The cheep ones from eBay.
- There two main types, 4 pin (HC-06) and 6 pin (HC-05).
- When I say HC-05 and HC-06 I am refiring to the Module name, not the Bluetooth chip on the module.
As I may do projects that use a Bluetooth Module I thought I would this Instructable so I can refer to it from other Instructables. (save repeating things haha.)
- It could be something others could refer to who also use a Bluetooth Module in the projects.
- I hope it gives a bit more understanding, using them.
Not all Manufactures use the same AT commands to set the parameters of there Bluetooth Microprocessors.
- This Instructable will go over the basics to change the speed and Name of the two main types of Bluetooth Modules.
I would say that the majority of Bluetooth Modules are 3.3 volt devices.
- Although most say 5 volt compatible. this is only refiring to the power.
- I will also show details how I prefer to connect these modules to a microcontroller with 5 volt GPIO pins.
- I assume that you know about Arduino code.
- I assume you know how to use the Arduino IDE.”