“Today at Computex 2021 AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) introduced several powerful new solutions that take high-performance gaming to new levels. Designed to bring world-class performance, incredible visual fidelity and immersive experiences to gaming laptops, the new AMD Radeon™ RX 6000M Series Mobile Graphics include the top-of-stack Radeon RX 6800M – the fastest AMD Radeon GPU for laptops1, delivering desktop-class performance2 to power ultra-high frame rate 1440p gaming anywhere.
AMD also introduced theAMD Advantage™ Design Framework, the result of a multi-year collaboration between AMD and its global PC partners to deliver the next generation of premium, high-performance gaming laptops. Combining AMD Radeon RX 6000M Series Mobile Graphics, AMD Radeon Software and AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series Mobile Processors with exclusive AMD smart technologies and other advanced system design characteristics, AMD Advantage systems are designed to deliver best-in-class gaming experiences. The first AMD Advantage laptops are expected to be available from leading OEMs beginning this month.
In addition, AMD unveiled AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR), a cutting-edge spatial upscaling technology designed to boost framerates up to 2.5X in select titles at 4K resolution3 and deliver a high-quality, high-resolution gaming experience. More than 10 game developers plan to integrate FSR into their top titles and game engines in 2021, with the first games supporting FSR expected to be available later this month.
“There have been incredible advances in gaming over the last several years, with powerful technologies allowing desktop PCs to deliver high-octane, beautifully complex and immersive worlds like never before,” said Scott Herkelman, corporate vice president and general manager, Graphics Business Unit at AMD. “Today we’re excited to bring the high-performance, energy-efficient AMD RDNA™ 2 architecture to next-generation laptops to unlock the same level of high-performance experiences and true-to-life visuals for mobile gamers. With AMD Advantage, gamers can be sure these next-gen laptops are designed, optimized and purpose-built for the best possible gaming experiences.”
AMD Radeon RX 6000M Series Mobile Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 6000M Series mobile graphics are built on breakthrough AMD RDNA 2 gaming architecture, delivering up to 1.5X higher performance4 or up to 43 percent lower power at the same performance level5 compared to AMD RDNA architecture. They also bring advanced technologies such as AMD Infinity Cache and DirectX® Raytracing (DXR) to next-gen laptops.
The AMD Radeon RX 6800M GPU is a graphics powerhouse, offering world-class 1440p/120 FPS performance6 with a powerful blend of raytracing, compute and traditional effects for true-to-life visuals. The AMD Radeon RX 6700M GPU offers 1440p/100FPS gaming performance7, next-level visuals and efficiency designed for the new generation of advanced gaming and content creation laptops. The AMD Radeon RX 6600M GPU is designed to deliver high refresh rate 1080p/100FPS gaming8 for lightweight laptops. Radeon RX 6000M Series mobile graphics bring numerous game-changing features available to gamers on the go, including:
- AMD Infinity Cache – Up to 96MB of last-level data cache integrated on the GPU die reduces latency and power consumption to deliver higher gaming performance than traditional architectural designs.
- AMD Smart Access Memory – Unlocks higher performance for select AMD-powered laptops by providing AMD Ryzen processors with access to the entire high-speed AMD Radeon GDDR6 graphics memory.
- AMD SmartShift Technology – Dynamically shifts laptop power between AMD Ryzen Mobile Processors and AMD Radeon Graphics, providing an additional increase in gaming performance.
- AMD Radeon Chill – Power-saving feature that helps save battery by regulating frame rates based on in-game movements.
- AMD FidelityFX – Supported by more than 45 titles, AMD FidelityFX is an open-source toolkit of visual enhancement effects for game developers available through AMD GPUOpen. It includes a robust collection of rasterized lighting, shadow and reflection effects, as well as the new AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution technology, that can be integrated into the latest games with minimal performance overhead.”