“It’s now just under two years since we released the Jessie version of Raspbian. Those of you who know that Debian run their releases on a two-year cycle will therefore have been wondering when we might be releasing the next version, codenamed Stretch. Well, wonder no longer – Raspbian Stretch is available for download today! The differences between Jessie and Stretch are mostly under-the-hood optimisations, and you really shouldn’t notice any differences in day-to-day use of the desktop and applications.”
- FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE Announcement
- The Microsoft Simple Encrypted Arithmetic Library goes open source
- Announcing the release of Fedora 29
- Version 4.17 of the Linux kernel is here… and version 5.0 isn’t far away
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver) released
- Linux 4.15
- Ubuntu 17.10 releases with GNOME, Kubernetes 1.8 & minimal base images
- CircuitPython 2.0.0!
- Happy 26th birthday Linux, Linux turns 26 today.
- Debian turns 24!