“Intel today announced full details and availability for the new 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-12900KS, the world’s fastest desktop processor1. It delivers up to 5.5 GHz max turbo frequency — in spec with Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost and features Intel® Adaptive Boost Technology (Intel® ABT) to provide the ultimate gaming experience.
The unlocked i9-12900KS processor is the ultimate processor for enthusiasts and gamers who want the fastest processor available. With 16 cores (eight Performance-cores and eight Efficient-cores) and 24 threads, and up to 5.5 GHz max turbo frequency, 150W processor base power and 30MB Intel® Smart Cache for even more gaming power and performance.
What It Offers: Key features and capabilities of the i9-12900KS include:
- Up to 5.5 GHz max turbo frequency with Intel Thermal Velocity Boost.
- Intel Adaptive Boost Technology for improved gaming performance by opportunistically allowing higher multi-core turbo frequencies.
- 16 cores (eight P-cores and eight E-cores), 24 threads, 150W processor base power, 30MB Intel Smart Cache, and PCIe Gen 5.0 and 4.0 support.
- Up to DDR5 4800 MT/s and DDR4 3200 MT/s support.
- Chipset compatible with existing Z690 motherboards with latest BIOS recommended for the best gaming experience.
The i9-12900KS processor allows gamers and overclocking enthusiasts to take performance to the next level.
This special edition processor will be available beginning April 5 with a recommended customer price starting at $739. It can be found at retailers worldwide as a boxed processor and integrated into systems from Intel’s channel and OEM partners.”