“Researchers used radiocarbon dating to determine the ages of 28 of the animals, and estimated that one female was about 400 years old. The team found that the sharks grow at just 1cm a year, and reach sexual maturity at about the age of 150. The research is published in the journal Science.”
- Mersenne Prime Number discovery - 2^82589933-1 is Prime!
- Bizarre Particles Keep Flying Out of Antarctica’s Ice, and They Might Shatter Modern Physics
- How a Student Took a Photo of a Single Atom
- FedEx employee from Tennessee discovers largest known prime number
- How the World’s Oldest Computer Worked: Reconstructing the 2,200-Year-Old Antikythera Mechanism
- Gut Decision: Scientists Identify New Organ in Humans
- A Leap Second Will Be Added December 31, 2016
- Earth’s day lengthens by two milliseconds a century, astronomers find
- Did Early Earth Spin On Its Side?
- New Take on an Ancient Method Improves Way to Find Prime Numbers